Marketing & Public Relations Director
1) What is your favorite book? My two favorite books are A Lucky Child by Thomas Buergenthal and American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins. A Lucky Child is a true story about a child surviving a Jewish concentration. The child’s strength is incredible to survive something like that. American Dirt is about migrants and their journey across the desert and mountains to get to the border.
2) What is your favorite movie? I’m more of a hobby and book reading type of person. I did like Pretty Woman because it’s a funny, happy ending movie.
3) What was your favorite vacation spot? Africa, without a doubt. We went to Johannesburg, Capetown, in South Africa. The pictures don’t do it justice until you see the zebras and the elephants crossing a river in their herds. It’s incredible to see nature at its best – the freedom and the beauty of being out in the open.
4) What is your life’s motto? If you don’t ask, the answer is always No. If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same spot.
5) Where were you born? I was born in Mexico City. My father worked with a new company. My parents lived in Brazil until he was transferred to Mexico City. I was a surprise and was born there. My mother was from Santiago, Chile, and my father was from New Jersey. We moved to McAllen when I was six.
6) What was a life-changing event in your life? My father had a massive stroke when I was in high school. It crippled him for life. It made me a stronger person because my mother worked full time so I had to do a lot for myself – make myself do my homework, make myself do the chores. After school, I went home and took care of my daddy. He passed away when I was a senior in high school.
7) What makes you laugh? My husband and my two dogs. I found the two mutts on the side of the road. I had DNA done on one of them who is a Terrier and German Shepherd. The other looks kind of like a pit dog and is the best dog I’ve ever had.
8) What is the question you most want answered? Is there life after death?
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? Sitting on a beach at sunrise with the fresh air. That’s my happy place.
10) What was your favorite TV show growing up? Bewitched
11) What is the first thing you do each morning? Say thanks for the day, kiss my husband, hug my dogs, and go outside and meditate for 20 minutes while coffee is brewing.
12) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done? Thank God for iPhones! You can take pictures, pull up your emails. I’m lost without my iPhone.
13) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? Give thanks again for a wonderful day and hope to see tomorrow.