Did you promise yourself that 2018 will be the year that you stick to all of your New Year’s resolutions and finally get into the best shape of your life? You are not alone. The health and wellness industry is big business in McAllen and around the globe.
Current projections indicate continued growth over the next few years. One of the leading nonprofit research and education resource centers for the wellness industry, the Global Wellness Institute, has commissioned multiple landmark studies that have found some truly intriguing business statistics including:
- The global wellness industry was a $3.7 trillion market in 2015.
- The industry grew by 10.6% between 2013 to 2015.
- The healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss sector accounted for $646 billion.
- The fitness and mind-body sector stood at $542 billion.
- Preventive and personalized medicine, as well as public health, stood at $534 billion.