Owner, OH KAY’S! uptown on tenth
1) What is your favorite book? The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I’ve enjoyed all the novels and books I’ve read about WWII. I feel a real sense of compassion towards the people who went through that. I went to Normandy in France. As I learn about them, I do not know how these people survived.
2) What is your favorite movie? Same Time, Next Year. There’s another one I just love with Diane Keaton, Something’s Gotta Give.
3) What was your favorite vacation spot? I guess France because I love the history and the people have always been so friendly. I spent about 10 days in Paris, then a few weeks in the south of France and it’s so beautiful there. I just love it.
4) What is your life’s motto? I never thought about it in terms of words. I’m a hard worker. I don’t quit. I’m generous to my community, which is very important to me. My daddy taught me that. It has changed over the years. My first was to be a good mother. That was my focus. I work hard and pay it forward.
5) Where were you born? McAllen, Texas
6) What was a life changing event in your life? My children. The whole experience with them. I always thought I wanted all boys until I had one! (She laughs.)
7) What makes you laugh? Funny jokes make me laugh. I think the circumstances of life often times are so funny. You just can’t plan that. You can’t make it up!
8) What is the question you most want answered? When is the COVID going to be over?
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? Family gatherings and vacations, travel. I love travel. If I could do whatever I wanted to do I would travel most of the time.
10) What was your favorite TV show growing up? The Waltons. I was an adult but I would watch that with my children. I loved it. In fact, it’s a family joke that I suffer from “Waltonitis.” To me that is the perfect family. When we have a warm family moment, we’ll say, ‘It’s a Walton moment!’
11) What is the first thing you do each morning? I drink my coffee and read daily meditations.
12) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done?. My iPad is the only thing I use plus my phone.
13) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? I say my prayers and give thanks.
14) What time do you go to sleep? I usually go to sleep between 10:30 to 11:00 p.m. I read a little before I go to bed.